TEFL International Inc.'s students have wonderful opportunities to volunteer in Thailand's Elephant Nature Park. The Elephant Nature Park has openings for volunteers to work with rescue elephants (rescued from street begging, working as entertainers, abuse, etc.), to assist with conservation projects, to learn about herbal medicines, to get close to nature, to share elephant secrets and/or to help save endangered species.
Volunteer jobs are varied, from bathing elephants to basic health care. Traveling around the country in a variety of modes, from 4 wheel truck to bamboo raft volunteers will experience local and tribal lifestyles, culture and hospitality.
· "the most amazing experience of my life" and "still undecided about volunteering, DO IT!!! It will change your life"
· "it was fun because you were working with interesting like minded people from all around the world"
· "one of the best experiences of my life. I felt so many emotions during my stay from happiness that you have rescued the elephants at the park to sadness for the ones that are still suffering abuse."
· "Everything, animal & person here is amazing and inspirational. I can’t think of a better project or place to be"
· "It is an educational experience that is delivered in an exceptional manner."
· "It's been a privilege to spend time here and be so close to these incredible, beautiful and graceful creatures"
· "An amazing experience! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of it for a bit."
· "I will forever treasure the memories, and my experiences at the elephant camp"
· "This was truly are of the most beautiful moving and inspirational weeks of my life ,I never would have believed how connected I could feel to the elephants as individual beings, Their ability to explain their emotions and there love seems limitless"
Don't wait—spaces for volunteering to work with rescue elephants are limited. Check this out (posted by a visitor to the park): http://www.onourownpath.com/thailand/elephant-nature-park-paradise-in-chiang-mai/408/post